Hotel Coconuts Resort and Hotels Seven Seas, together the “Hotels” are owned by YK Hyper One. Together they are environmentally concerned hotels providing accommodation, food and beverage services their clientele in a manner that best conserves resources whilst maintaining its high standards of customer service and fulfilling its role as a good corporate citizen.
The Hotels believe that everyone has a duty of care to the environment and to seek ways to conserve natural resources. We are conscious of environmental issues and we believe that the pursuit of economic growth can be linked to ecological protection. This is a collective issue which is the responsibility of government, business and the community at large.
The following is the environmental policy statement for the Hotels which serve as the basis for the environmental management at the Hotels.
- The Hotels are committed to compliance with appropriate environmental legislation as a minimum performance standard whilst seeking to make environmental improvements through ideas and suggestions of staff, guests and suppliers.
- The management and staff of the Hotels are committed to continual improvement of environmental performance by seeking to reduce or eliminate pollution from recognized polluting activities and considering more effective use of resources.
- The Hotels will actively seek to reduce waste by the development of a waste management and reduction strategy. Wherever possible and practical the Hotels will reduce, reuse or recycle waste as source.
- The Hotels will continually seek to identify and implement practical measures to reduce energy and water usages while maintaining the high standards of the Hotels.
- The Hotels will seek to make our guests aware of our initiatives and we will encourage them to help us achieve our environmental goals.
- The employees of the Hotels will be provided with the information, instruction and training necessary to fulfill the requirements of this policy.
- The Hotels’ General Managers will develop action plans to implement this policy and report annually on its progress.
- The Hotels will continue to identify and purchase products which cause as little environmental harm as possible during production, use and disposal where such alternatives are economically feasible.
- The environmental performance of suppliers will be taken into account as a purchasing policy and the Hotels will seek to develop specific environmental performance criteria for products and suppliers.
- The Hotels and its staff will seek to work in conjunction with any larger community environmental activity and assist environmental groups improve the quality of the local environment.